Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

Orange chickens

I hate deep frying, but love eating deep fried foods... I got a small deep fryer as my birthday gift this year, it's so convenient to fry a small batch of food. Next thing I know I fall in love with it.. ooops.. should not put it on my wish list :) I used it for frying krupuks, tempe and tahu bacem and more.


Today I used it to deep fry chickens, I cooked orange chicken, I remember there was a period of time I loved eating it, I liked to go to Panda Express to get it or ordered it in a sit down Chinese restaurant, now as I live far from a good Chinese restaurants I have to cook it myself, I thought about eating it for awhile and finally today I managed to cook it for us 




All we need are:
- 3 chicken thigh meat, boneless and skinless, cut in a mouth bite side
- 1 egg, slightly beaten + 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of corn starch or rice flour
Dip chickens in the egg mixture, coat with the flour mixture, then rest them on a rack for 10 minutes. Heat 2 inches of oil, deep fry the floured coated chickens until golden brown, drain them in a strainer






for the sauce:
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp of chili sauce
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- half lemon juice or 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup 
Heat a non stick pan, add butter, let it melt, add the rest of the remaining ingredients, bring it to boil, lower the heat, and simmer it until the sauce reduce and thicken 








Toss the fried chickens into the sauce, mix well 




Serve with warm steamed rice and salad






Happy cooking 

No comments:

Post a Comment