Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

SUMMER COOKING.. MY MEATLOAF

This the second entry of my Summer Cooking.. an easy and simple meal yet yummy..  one of my husband's comfort foods..

So many way to cook it, we can use all ingredients we like, today I used what I had in my refrigerator, I had half used mushroom, onion, ground beef, ground pork and when I rummaged my drawer, I found 2 jalapeno, perfect.. so let's do it

his supper... with bread and coleslaw.. 


Ingredients:
- 1 lbs of ground beef, 80%
- 1 lbs of ground pork
- 2 jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup of diced fresh mushroom
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 slices of cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- for the sauce: mix well 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 cup of mayonaise, 1/4 cup of mustard, + 1/4 cup of tomato ketchup







Method:
- saute onion, jalapeno and mushroom with a bit of oil until softened.. set it aside
- in a big bowl, mix well the meat, eggs, breadcrumbs, sauteed onion, salt, black pepper and 1/2 of the sauce mixture
- lay some of the meat on a foil.. spread evenly.. make a shallow indentation in the middle of the meat, lay cheese on it, spare 1 inch at the edges, top with the rest of meat, spread evenly, then roll it
- put it in a bake pan, top with the rest of the sauce, cover with foil
- bake on 350'F for 60 minutes (until clear juice comes out)





note: I made 2 rolls, 1 for our supper today, I'll freeze the other one for later... now it's time to clean up the mess :)



No comments:

Post a Comment