Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

SALMON QUICHE

Salmon.. our most favorite fish ( well.. I have many favorite fishes when I still lived in Indonesia, we have so many kind of local fresh fishes, fresh water and salt water fishes, mostly very affordable ),  here.. the choice of good fish is very limited for our budget, some of them are so expensive and hard to find in our small town.. salmon is expensive too, but we have it here everyday in our local supermarket and sometimes it was on sale, so I liked to buy bunch of them and freeze them in my freezer.. I like salmon in anyway it cooked.. the other day I had an idea to cook it as quiche and it turned out very good.. I did not write it down soon, now I quite of forget how to make it, fortunately I took pictures of all the ingredients, so now I'm trying to put everything together in this post...



For the ingredients:
- 10 oz of salmon, sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced in small size
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- I would add spinach and chopped mushroom next time ( a reminder for me)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of flour
- salt and black pepper
- 2 flour tortilla
- 9 inch glass pie pan
- 1 cup of cheese ( I used Italian blend cheese)
- bunch of cilantro, chopped







Method:
- bake salmon in the oven, then flake it with fork, in chuck pieces
- heat a bit of oil in a pan, add onion, cook until it softened, add in garlic, bell pepper, jalapeno, and the rest of veggies, salt and pepper, cook until they are all softened, let it cool
- in a big bowl, beat eggs, add milk, salt and pepper, beat well, then add in flour, mix until the mixture is smooth
- pour salmon into the egg mix, add cheese and cilantro, stir and mix well
- lightly grease the pie pan
- place 2 layers or flour tortilla in it,
- pour in the salmon and egg mixture
- sprinkle extra cheese on it
- bake in a preheated oven, 350'F for about 30 minutes or until the eggs are set
- let it cool, cut and serve










No comments:

Post a Comment