Total Pageviews

Friday, December 5, 2014

SPAGHETTI SQUASH

One of my DH's favorite squashes.. I'm not a big fan though, my DH loves most of the squashes but I rarely cooked them.. the other day I bought one and cooked it the way he likes.. with Ragu sauce and meat sausage.. he likes it.. very much..



- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 lbs of breakfast sausage
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup of favorite Ragu sauce, I used 4 cheeses
- herb, I used Rosemary, chopped







How:
- halve the squash, clean out the seeds
- cook in the microwave for 5 to 10 minutes, covered with damp paper towel
- when they are soft, take them out and let them cool to touch
- fluff them with a fork to become fine strings, set aside
- for the topping, brown sausage with onion, add in the sauce and Rosemary, cook and stir
- pour the meat sauce on the top of the squash, add some Parmesan cheese







Another way to cook Spaghetti Squash that I like.. add some grated carrots to the squash, squeeze them dry, add 1 egg, 1/2 cup of breadcrumb, crunch some fried onion, some garlic powder, some chopped green onion, salt and black pepper, form patties and fry them in a nonstick pan














No comments:

Post a Comment