Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

STUFFED BUTTERNUT SQUASH

It's cooler here in AZ, much nicer and comfortable, we don't need to turn on the cooler all day now., and outdoor activities are much more fun.. we hiked some times, I don't get my routine morning walk though, my neighbor hurt her foot and can't walk too much, and that's my excuse for not going out for my walk as well :)

Today I cleaned my kitchen, scrubbed and scrubbed, by the time I finished, I was exhausted and did not want to do much.. so I rummaged my fridge, found some cooked sausage, some cooked orzo pasta.. I had cheese and I had some frozen chopped broccoli, on my counter I had a butternut squash I bought last weekend.. an idea got in my head, STUFFED BUTTERNUT SQUASH..

My DH loves squash most of them, I don't, I bought this squash for him only, and fortunately he liked the way I cooked it today, it's so easy as most of the ingredients have already been cooked..



We need:
- 1 butternut squash, wash, cut in half, clean out the seeds
- 1 cup of cooked sausage
- 1 cup of cooked orzo pasta, we can use cooked rice too
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- red jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
- chopped green onion or other favorite herbs
- cheese






Method:
- bake squash for 10 to 15 minutes  in a preheated oven, 350'F
- mix the rest of ingredients
- stuff in the squash, spray with cooking spray
- bake for another 15 - 20 minutes
- sprinkle more Parmesan cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment