Total Pageviews

Monday, November 19, 2012

BAKING BREADS

I was in my baking mood..  I mean.. starting to use my bread machine again after my long vacation.. these few weeks I had a hard time for making breakfast, lack of ideas, so when I bake breads, breakfast will breads, toasts and bread again.  After looking around my old bread pictures, I decided to make sweet roll using the recipe from a book I got for bread machine recipes, I modified it with some filling, and I'm sure it will make my morning easier for s few days :)

Ingredients for the bread:

3/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup /1/2 stick of butter/margarine
1 large egg
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
3 cups of all purpose flour
2 tsp of yeast





the dough 

 For 16 sweet rolls: divide the dough in 16 equally size, roll and put them in a greased muffin pan

cover and let them rise for 30 minutes 



Modification of sweet roll, using the same dough recipe:


For the fillings... I made 2 rolls, first roll's ingredients:
- Jimmy Dean sausage, browned
- 1 cup of cheese ( I used Italian blend)
- chopped green onion

browned sausage

1 cup of cheese

dates + brown sugar
Second rolls I used chopped dates mix with brown sugar

Method: using bread machine for the kneading and rising, about 90 minutes

Divide dough in 2 parts, I like my sausage roll bigger, so I divided 2:1

On a floured surface, roll the dough until it gets to 1/4 inch thick... then spread the fillings (in order: sausage, cheese and green onion), then carefully roll it to a log form, secure the end with a bit of egg brush.
- repeat it with the other part, fill it with date and brown sugar mixture
- put the rolls in the greased pans, cover with plastic wraps, let them rise again for 30 minutes
- brush with egg wash before put them in a preheated oven, bake for 40 minutes in 350'F, if the top of the breads get too brown, cover loosely with aluminium foil, continue baking until they are all done
- Cool for 10 minutes then take them out of the pan and cool them again in a baking rack 



with meat filling

dates filling
ready to bake

date roll

sausage roll

my breakfast 

It's a good way to start the day.. for sure.. oh and the cheese melts in my mouth.. yummilicious






No comments:

Post a Comment