Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 6, 2014

GRILLED PORK STEAKS IN LEMONGRASS AND SOY SAUCE

Here is another recipe I want to share today.. it's one of my favorite orders when I went to the Vietnamese restaurants... sometimes I got the good ones.. I mean the tender and juicy ones.. other times I got the tough and dried ones.. no good

We bought these pork steaks.. I don't really like pork steaks/chops, too lean for my taste.. but when my DH pointed and wanted to buy those, I just grabbed them and put in my cart.. I saw there were some fats on them so nothing could go wrong with them.. we are fat eater... and the idea of cooking this stuck in my head..



What we need:
- pork steaks, mine was Shoulder Blade ( I think, can't remember ) steaks with bones and fats on
for marinate:
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 1 big shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 3 Thai chili, chopped
- 1 tsp of freshly ground peppercorn
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 tbsp of sweet soy sauce ( can be substituted with 1 tbsp of dark brown sugar or honey )
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil

lemongrass




Method:
- mix well all the marinate ingredients
- place pork steaks in a big zip lock bag
- pour in the marinate sauce, give them a gentle massage then let them sit for hours in the fridge
- grill on the char/wood grill.. I love how the fat melts right on the fire, my favorite part :)
- serve with steamed rice and some wine vinegar coleslaw
- or serve with vermicelli and lettuce salad







Vermicelli + lettuce + carrots + cilantro salad.. with fish sauce + wine vinegar + fried garlic oil






No comments:

Post a Comment