Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 20, 2014

JALAPENO, CHIVES AND CHEESE BREADS

Lately I have been baking more breads, by having fresh breads at home, it makes easier for me to think what to cook or eat for breakfast or brunch, I can have anything for my breakfast, couple pieces of cookies, granola bars, toasts or else ( except for cold cereal or oatmeal, or grits or or or :) ), my DH is not a picky eater, but I know he wont be satisfied with cookies or granola bars only .. so I mostly rotate breakfast quesadilla, hash brown, omelets, quiches but they always come with eggs, cheese and sausage/bacon/meat and I don't like the idea of eating eggs or sausage/bacon everyday, yeah.. sometimes he has a bowl of cereal or grits too..

I found out if I have a bag of fresh bread on my counter, he will take a couple of them and nuke them in microwave.. eats them with his coffee in front of his computer, a batch of bread can last for a few days, so we'd have easy or lazy mornings :) what I need now is try to bake different kinds of bread, one of the easy and delicious dough recipe is The Egg Bread recipe I posted in my previous post, it has become my favorite dough recipe for now




http://beyondfoods.blogspot.com/2014/01/egg-braided-bread_28.html

Today I made it again, I added some jalapeno, chives and cheese, I made it last week and he loves it, so today when I saw some homegrown red jalapenos that he picked yesterday, I decided to make it again, he picked some onion chives too, it perfect to be added in the bread

For this post, I only want to add some pictures to show the easy way to combine all the ingredients

after the second rising, deflate the dough, then divide it into 14 to 16 portions


arrange the pieces in a big circle or square form, depend on the form of the baking pan, then sprinkle the desired toppings, I used chives, jalapenos and cheese


with a scrape or a big knife, randomly cut and fold the dough


random cut and fold


then carefully transfer the whole dough on a greased pan, add more cheese if desired


cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for another 30 minutes


bake in a preheated oven, 350'F for 25 minutes





no knife needed, just pull



No comments:

Post a Comment