Total Pageviews

Friday, January 6, 2012

ONE FINE DAY

Yesterday we had some companies in our house, we haven't seen them for a while, maybe for about a couple of years, she was my co worker and her husband taught in the same school with my husband, so we got together quite often before we moved out from the neighborhood. They came with their little boy, the last time I saw him he was still crawling on the floor and now he was faster than me on the hiking we took yesterday.. mmh time flies...

We went out for a hike before dinner.. I prepared some meals for our dinner a head of time, like potato cakes that I could easily reheat it in the oven, I cooked fried noodles a day before too and I reheated it for a few minutes in the microwave. That morning before they came, I grilled some salmons brushed with teriyaki sauce, and eggplants that I cooked in spicy chili relish sauce. After cooking those I put them in the oven to keep them warm.









The hiking was nice, the weather was perfect for an outdoor activity, after a tiring hike (for me) we went back home and ready for a yummy feast

grill eggplants, brushed with oil + salt and garlic powder
grilled salmon






grilled salmon in teriyaki sauce



eggplants in spicy chili relish





salmons in teriyaki sauce
potato cakes


Now let's talk about the foods, today I want to share my EGGPLANTS IN SPICY CHILE RELISH  recipe, it's quite easy

Ingredients:
- 2 big eggplants, sliced in 1 cm thickness, brush with the mixture of oil, salt and garlic powder 
- your favorite chili sauce, such as Sambal Oelek, Sriracha (Thai hot sauce), or you can make it yourself with:
- 6 shallots, 4 cloves garlic, 10 red chili (Thai chili, or red patch chili or habanero, depend on how hot you want), 2 candle nuts (macadamia nut), process with Food Processor... 1 tsp ginger powder, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp palm sugar or brown sugar, sautee them in cooking oil until done
- 1 big tomato, dice in small cubes 
- finely chopped green onions

Method:
- grill eggplants in medium high heat, I like using my electric grill, or pan fry them in a nonstick pan, when the eggplants are soft, set aside
- using the same pan, add a bit more oil , add tomato, sautee until it's soft, add in the chili sauce and green onion, stir until well blended, add more seasoning if needed, such as salt, vinegar, or sugar or kecap manis 
- set the eggplants in a ovenproof dish, after 1 layer, top with the chili sauce, lay another layer of eggplants, chili sauce again, after all done, put in the 350'F preheated oven for 10 minute 

Serve with steamed hot rice..nyum nyum...


No comments:

Post a Comment