Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

VERTICAL ROASTED CHICKEN

I've always wanted a rotisserie roaster, when we bought our new portable oven, I tried to get the one with the skewer for it, but we could not find the one that matched our need.. so we had to get the regular one, and we are happy with it :)

I saw one of the member on the cooking forum using the vertical roaster, it was the first time I knew about this 'tool' and it interested me, I looked around the stores, could not find any... time passed by, my interest faded until one day when I and Vickie went to a thrift store owned by a church, I saw it standing on a shelf, the box was dusty and yellowed, but the 'tool' was still shiny, and looked brand new, no scratch at all, without second thought I grabbed it, total damage on my wallet was $2 and I was happy, almost did my happy dance :)

Yesterday I took it out and tried it for the first time, after washing it repeatedly, it was ready to be used.. we bought a whole fresh chicken at Sprout's the day before, about 2 to 3lbs, I washed the chicken, sprinkled it with lemon juice, salt and blackpepper, then I rubbed it with red curry paste (store bought), I added some coconut powder and my homemade chili sauce in the paste.. I inserted some of the paste under the chicken skin and inside the chicken, I let it sit for 1 hour before baking them.. I preheated oven on 400'F, I inserted my chicken on the vertical roaster and put it in a drip pan.. I baked my chicken for 30 minutes, then I rotated the pan 45 degree, baked again for 20 minutes, rotated every 10 minutes until the chicken is done, about 90 minutes, before I rotated it, I took it out and brushed with the remaining curry paste + the chicken fat/juice that dripped in the pan.. chicken turned out so good, tender and juicy..oh don't forget to wrap the whole chicken after taking it out form the oven for 10 minutes.. then we are done, ready to enjoy the tasty roasted chicken.. I matched it with warm rice and steamed asparagus, my husband was happy his with dinner roll..

this will be my favorite way for roasting chickens or other birds, actually there is another way to do it, with soda can, we can fill the soda can with any liquid we like, such as orange juice, insert the can filled with juice in the chicken, let it stand on a pan and bake it.. I ate it at Vickie's house and it was delicious, tender and juicy

curry paste chicken on vertical roaster 


tastylicious roast chicken 

No comments:

Post a Comment