Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

MY KIND OF ROAST BEEF

Another recipe entry today.. while it's still fresh in my head, I'm going to write it down for my future reference..



This roast beef tastes so good.. a bit tangy from tomato ketchup, a bit heat from the chili powder.. the meat roasted to perfection.. tender and melt in your mouth

I bought this Boneless Chuck Roast cut.. I forgot yo take the picture.. it was a beautiful cut.. with beautiful marbles and some fat.. it was perfect for slow roast

This time I tried a different way for the seasoning.. and it turned out so good that I want to keep the recipe

What we need:
- 1 chunk meat ( about 2 to 3 lbs, preferred a little fat )
- in a bowl, mix together: 1/2 cup of tomato ketchup, 1 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of ground cumin, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of freshly ground peppercorn, 1 tsp of cayenne chili powder, 1 tsp of brown sugar and some chili flakes
- rub all over the meat and let it sit in a covered container for a few hours

Then place the container ( covered with aluminum foil) in the preheated 400 'F oven, roast it for 30 minutes, reduce the heat to 300"f and roast for 2 more hours, I turned the meat once and continued to roast it until tender, for about another hour.. let it rest for a while before cut and serve

I made mashed potatoes to go with, for the leftover I made some wild rice to eat with.. both times I sauteed some Kale.. it was a good match

For the Kale.. I love eating Kale lately.. blanch them and add into my green smoothies or sauteed it.. here is a good way to do it.. sauteed some onion until soft, add cleaned and washed chopped kale, add some salt, black pepper and pour some Balsamic vinegar, cover pan with lid, cook for a few minutes until the leaves are wilted.. add diced potatoes if desired... cook potatoes until tender, add chopped kale leaves.. some seasoning, balsamic vinegar, cover and cook until the leaves wilted




No comments:

Post a Comment