Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

EGG BRAIDED BREAD



Hi all.. first of all.. Happy New Year... I wish you all the best in this new year..







It has been a long time I abandoned this blog.. no mood to write or share recipes.. though I cook daily but nothing too special to share ( read.. too lazy to share )







Today I'm going to share ( really share, because I mostly copy and paste haha.. though I'm going to share bunch of my pictures
 
This recipe I got in a forum I joined since last year.. it's a small group of people who like good foods and good chats about foods and else..

Well.. about this bread recipe.. I saw one of the member ( Hi Beth :) ) made this beautifully and I was challenged to make it... I usually make my breads in my bread machine ( the kneading and rising part ) but this time I determined to do it manually... I know some of my friends do it effortlessly and get good results.. and they are right.. I can do it with too.. it's so easy if you follow the recipe precisely.. there is no more excuse for not able to make good and beautiful breads for lack of a bread machine in the house ( my lame excuse )

I proudly present my beautifully done EGG BRAIDED BREAD :)

note.. I made some little change on the recipe.. and I included Beth's note too


HAPPY BAKING... GIVE IT A TRY AND I'M SURE YOU CAN DO IT TOO 





Egg Bread – Single Loaf
(from Jetfan at cooking.com)

Ingredients
• 1 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
• 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
• 3/4 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
• 2 T. sugar
• 1-1/2 t. salt
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2 T. butter, softened
• 3 1/2 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• Sesame seeds

for egg wash: 1 egg yolk + 1 tsp water





Directions

• Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, sugar, salt, eggs, butter and
2 cups flour; mix well. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.


• On a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes.
Place in greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise
in warm place until doubled, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.




(Beth's notes: I used the paddle attachment on the KA stand mixer to incorporate and mix the first 2 c. of flour to a sticky dough, then used the dough hook attachment as I added the balance of the flour and let it knead in the bowl for approximately 5 minutes. Finally, I just finished with about 10 or 12 turns of the dough on a floured mat to finish it before turning it into the oiled bowl to rise.)

• Punch down. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30
minutes. Divide into six portions. On a floured surface, shape each
into a 14-in.-long rope. braid the ropes together
on greased baking sheet; pinch ends to seal. Cover and let rise
until doubled, about 50 minutes.

punch to deflate 


second rising

divide 6 portions

roll to form 6 long ropes

braid carefully ( it's the fun part )

• Beat egg yolk and water; brush over loaves. Sprinkle with sesame seeds... I used Parmesan cheese instead of sesame seeds.. it gives a good crunch and saltiness on the crust


sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
Bake @ 350° 25 – 30 minutes or until internal temperature of 200°



it's good with a cup of hot green tea

or chocolate spread 

No comments:

Post a Comment