Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 30, 2014

STUFFED TOMATO

While I'm still in my writing mood.. here is another easy recipe entry

I made this for my DH's brunch.. and I tasted a little bit.. it was so good.. tangy from the tomato, sweet from the Johnsonville Maple syrup sausage,  a bit heat of the chili flakes makes it perfect.. and the cheese.. mmh.. gooey..



What we need:
- 1 big round tomato, carefully carve off the top, then scoop out the meat and seeds, discard the seeds and excess juice
- 2 tbsp of leftover cooked sausage ( I used Johnsonville Maple Syrup sausage )
- 1 tbsp of cheese
- cilantro
- chili flakes





How:
- chop tomato meat, sausage, cilantro
- mix the cheese in
- add chili flakes
- mix well, then carefully stuff back in the tomato, press hard
- spray with cooking oil, I use olive oil
- bake in a preheated oven 350' for 20 to 25 minutes






I serve it with my homemade bread, light toasted







No comments:

Post a Comment