Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 16, 2010

baked fish in banana leaves


I decided to cook fish. I was planning to cook this meal from weeks ago, so this occasion was the right time to do it :)

I used whole catfish, no head though, I'm glad to see them enjoying the fish, bakwan jagung, sambal kentang udang, oh yeah..they love my homemade kimchi, and my sambal terasi as well..

Here is my fish recipe:
What we need:
- fish, whole or fillet, I prefer catfish or red snapper, season with lime juice, salt and pepper
- shallots, garlic, fresh tumeric, ginger, candle nuts, galangal
- tumeric leaves, lime leaves, basil, an inch of palm sugar
- 1 tbsp of coconut powder
- 1 tbsp of sambal inti





Method:
- Blend shallots, garlic, fresh tumeric, ginger, candle nuts and palm sugar in a FP, add sambal inti, coconut powder and a pinch of salt, mix well, rub the paste all over the fish, set it aside for a few hours
- clean and rinse a couple of banana leaves
- arrange the marinated fish on banana leaves, top with basil, tumeric leaves, smashed galangal 
- wrap neatly, seam with skewers
- set it on the pan
- bake for 1 hour on 350'F, then broil it for 10 minutes or steam it in a hot steamer until the fish cooked 















This is one of my most favorite way to cook fish, I could eat the whole fish if I allowed myself doing it, it tastes so good, a very good combination with hot steamed rice, in a traditional way which is eat with plain fingers and suck all the bones and fingers clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment