Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

POTATO CAKES

Not much to do again, we went to the library, I found James Patterson new release, The Postcard Killer, and borrowed a book by Carol Higgins Clark for the first time. After 3 pm I still had no idea what to eat for dinner, after rummaging my freezer, I found some leftover rendang (seeing couple of my friends cooked rendang made me salivating for it, but in no mood to cook it) and today I decided to try to make potato cakes in my own way... it was a success, the potato turned out so tasty, crispy and crunchy, I'm glad that after trying my husband said he liked it.

So before I forget how I make it, I better write it down and share it here..

What we need:
- 4 gold potatoes, peeled and shredded, soaked in a bowl of salty water, or frozen store bought hash brown
- finely chopped green onions
- fresh grated nutmeg
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 big egg
- 1 cup of plain breadcrumbs


How to do:
- Drain shredded potatoes, squeeze with paper towel if needed
- combine all the ingredients
- heat nonstick pan, add 1/2 inch of oil
- carefully spoon potato batter in the pan, one after another
- cook about 5 minute or until it turns brown, flip over and cook for another 5 minutes





So our dinner for today is Potato Cakes, leftover rendang and stir fry kangkung with sambal terasi

No comments:

Post a Comment