Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 12, 2012

ABOUT CEVICHE

Last week my husband picked a big bunch of cilantro from his tiny garden, when I saw it sitting on my kitchen counter, the first thing came to my mind was CEVICHE.. I could taste the freshness and the tangy taste of it on tip of my tongue,  so I rummaged my refrigerator drawer and found out that I had most of the ingredients for making ceviche.. I only needed to buy the main ingredients. white fish and lemon



Off we went to the stores, at Safeway I found Sway fish fillets.. not a good price but I was determined to make it right then, and I got some Meyer lemon at Walmart, I was looking for regular lemons, but they were out, I should have got limes instead, it would have more flavor than Meyer lemon.. but oh well, I found out too late

It was after ten pm on Friday night, my husband was in bed already, and I still could not sleep, obsessed with my ceviche, so I went to my kitchen, started doing it.. juiced my lemons, cut my fish and peeled my shrimps

here is what to do:
- 8 oz or1 fillet of white fish, red snapper, catfish or sway fish, I used sway fish, cut in small cube size
- 4 oz of shrimps, peel, devien and cut in small cubes
- 4 red chilies (Thai chili)
- 4 inches of cucumber, small cubes
- 1 medium tomato, small cubes
- 1 small onion, small cubes
- colorful peppers
- 1 + 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- salt and sugar
- bunch of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 small tangerine orange juice
- 1/2 cup of clam juice (optional)

Method:
- marinate fish and shrimps in 1 cup of lemon juice, add a bit of salt, let it sit overnight in the refrigerator
- in another bowl, make salsa with mixing the rest of lemon juice (1/2 cup) and orange juice with salt and sugar, add in all the rest of ingredients, mix well
- drain the lemon juice from fish marinate, add the marinated fish and shrimps in the salsa, let it sit for hours before serving

it's very good with  corn or potatoes chips.. all we need is a good television show to complete our good night

No comments:

Post a Comment