Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

POTATO CRAB CAKES

I thought about making it for a while, I have canned crab meat, after seeing my friend put a status on her FB about her veggies crab cake, I decided to make it sooner rather than later.. so today, on Ash Wednesday, I put everything I needed together, I have made it before, but today I made it a bit different, I added some potato flakes, it helps to firm the patties and easier to handle when I pan fry it..

- 2 cans crab meat, drained
- 1/4 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- finely chopped green onions
- juice of half lemon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp of potato flakes
- salt and black peppers
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 2 tbsp of panko and 4 tbsp more for dredging
- 2 egg white, slightly beaten for dipping



Method:
- mix all ingredients except the extra 4 tbsp panko and egg white
- form medium size patties, chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour
- dip patties in egg white
- roll in panko breadcrumb
- heat 1/2 inch oil in a non stick skillet, carefully put the crab patties down, pan fry for 3 to 4 minutes, flip it over and fry for another 3 minutes
- serve with chili sauce, mustard or horseradish

for 12 to 15 cakes


No comments:

Post a Comment