Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

PANKO CRUST SALMON

We love eating salmon, anyway I cook it, it always turns out good, well, maybe except poaching it (I don't really like it).. Yesterday I cooked it with panko crust, I was obsessed with it since I saw Ina Garten show on Food Network weeks ago.. last weekend, on my daily walk with my husband, we stopped at Walmart and bought a box of panko breadcrumbs, the price was much cheaper compared with the ones sold in Asian store, mostly imported from Korea or Japan, and on that same day we stopped at Safeway, it's located at the same shopping area, and there we found their salmon was on sale, 50% of from their club price, it was their pull date day so it was a good buy for us.

So the next day, I could fulfill my obsession in eating the panko crust salmon, it was so delicious, the panko crust was oh.. gosh.. so good :)

We need:
- 2 salmon steaks or fillers, I like it with skin on, scaled, was and pat dry
- 2 tbsp of lime juice, 1tsp of salt for marinate
For the crust:
- mix well 2 tbsp of mustard + 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs + chopped herbs (I used cilantro) + 1 tbsp of sambal (optional)



the how:
- marinate the fishes for 30 minutes, shake off the excess juice before put them on the heated oil
- pan fry for a few minutes to get the crusty skin
- transfer them a ovenproof dish
- bake for 5 to 10 minutes, set the oven to broil, and broil for 3 minutes




We got our fresh picked salad, it was a good combo for the fishes

No comments:

Post a Comment