Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 31, 2013

BAKED HERB TROUTS

Another easy yet delicious meal for dinner.. I saw those beauties on sale at Safeway's.. I know my DH likes it, so I grabbed 1 of the few packages left. They were cleaned and gutted, too bad they were not deboned, so I tried to debone it myself.. my DH doesn't like to eat fish with bones on.. I tried my best to do it, I used my fillet knife,  I finally took out all the bones (well, most of them), it did not look good though, but I've tried my best.. as for me I like eating whole fish, with the head on..one of  the fun of eating fish is sucking fish meat of their bones, fish head is the best part and ooh.. the belly part, soft and fatty, my favorite parts.

I remember when I first came and lived here, we went to the Asian stores, they sold salmon belly, ooh I thought I found heaven there, I bought it and made soup with it... much later I found out that my DH and people here don't eat fish belly or fish heads, it was nice of him though, did not say anything when I bought those salmon belly haha

So here is my easy recipe for Baked trouts.. I can;t recall where I got this recipe, I know it's from a magazine I read at the library and because it's so easy, I was able to memorize the ingredients, most of them. I used our homegrown herbs.. those herbs survived the freezing winter.

oops.. pardon the fish eyes.. :)



- 2 trouts, clean and pat dry, I like mine whole
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp of roasted garlic oil ( I bought it at Ross, it's good for salad dressing and meat marinating )
- lemon zest from 1 lemon (large)
- lemon juice from 1/2 lemon (large)
- fresh rosemary, chop
- parsley, chop
- salt and black pepper




How:
- mix melted butter + garlic oil and lemon juice
- mix lemon zest + parsley + rosemary in a bowl
- place fishes on a greased baking pan, spread open and season both side with salt
- pour some of the butter mixture all over the fish then sprinkle with herbs mixture, fold fish closed
- bake fish in a preheated oven, 350'F for about 15 minutes, pour some more butter mixture on the fish then broil for a few more minutes
- pour the rest of butter mixture on the fish, garnish with some sliced lemon and parsley



I served it with brown rice and coleslaw, I used my homemade lemon marmalade + lemon juice concentrate for coleslaw dressing, it was good.. today we had very lemon lemony meal.. tangy and yummy




for our late supper tonight, I had cut some papaya, I'd serve it with sprinkle of lemon juice and sugar.. yum2.. oh I still have bunch of lemons left.. wonder what else to do with them

No comments:

Post a Comment