Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

SALMON PATTIES

So here is my first post in 2013.. I know.. I know.. I still haven't finished with my last post of 2012 yet, but I can't wait to write this down.. I'm in my writing mood.. for Salmon Patties :)

A friend and her family are coming to visit us later this week, I've planned to cook some yellow rice for us, we are the big fans of Indonesian/Malay foods, so yellow rice will be a good idea, but I still want to cook some local foods for our husbands, so (do I sound like Anne Burrel? she uses a lot of SO :) )  they can enjoy our luncheon as much as we do..

Fresh salmon was on sale at Safeway's, I bought 1 fillet, about 2 lbs, so (again? :)) I thought of baking salmon casserole, but then I changed my mind, decided to make some salmon patties, I know my husband loves it, it's one of his comfort foods that his mom cooked it a lot when he grew up, usually on Fridays..

This is one of a few dishes that I memorize without a need to look around the net  (and I was surprised that I haven't posted the recipe in here yet), it's easy and not many other ingredients, and it's a good idea for cook ahead meal as well



What we need:
- about 2 lbs of salmon, bake until almost done, then flake it with fork or 2 cans of canned salmon, drain the juice and flake it, get rid of the chunky bones
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- salt, pepper
- 2 eggs



What we do:
- mix all the ingredients until well blended
- form 3 inches in diameter and 2/3 inch in thickness patty
- heat about 1/2 inch oil in a nonstick pan
- slowly put the patties in the hot oil, reduce heat to medium
-cook for a few minutes, flip over, cook for another few minutes, until golden brown
- drain off the excess oil by putting them in a cookie rack



For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp of mayo + dashes of tabasco + 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup, salt and a bit of sugar, mix well

For about 15 patties


No comments:

Post a Comment